[MPlayer-cygwin] [TEST] working CD playback in windows - Track Number not reported probably NODEAMON

Stefan Gürtler helfmir at surfeu.de
Wed Oct 26 15:29:50 CEST 2005

Erik Lunchpail schrieb:

>>>Looks like there is something messed up, problably
>>>not in your code.
>>>This behaviour is repeated on another Audio CD
>>>

>>with
>>

>>>again 11 tracks.
>>>This behaviour is repeated on the other
>>>

>>cdrom-device
>>

>>>with another Audio
>>>CD with again 11 tracks.
>>>This behaviour is repeated on another Audio CD
>>>

>>with
>>

>>>15 tracks.
>>>
>>>So, when playing the first track, the Output
>>>

>>contais
>>

>>>both "Track 1" and
>>>"Track 3", which is missing
>>>completely when the third track is played.
>>>

>>Yes I think the cd_info portions aren't working
>>properly. I noticed the cd-info being printed in
>>linux, but not in windows when using cddb with the
>>same patch. I'll see what I can find and submit a
>>new
>>patch and upload a new binary.
>>

>I'm at a loss, it could very well be the windows
>driver in libcdio, because even when a cd_info struct
>is given to us (from cddb) I get the same message
>errors on the commandline as you do. However, for me
>at least, it's only the Track info being printed
>that's messing up. I still get normal playback from
>the tracks I select.
>
>Here's another patch, which *hopefully* adds normality
>to the cddb info display. A quick explanation of what
>I did was to use get_path() instead of getenv("HOME")
>since I don't have a HOME variable, and seems to be
>the easiest solution to read/write cddb cache, as well
>as for compatibility's sake. In cddb_write_cache() I
>used WIN32_FIND_DATA to check whether the
>cddb_data->cache_dir exists rather than stat(),
>because stat() in mingw/windows is kinda screwy
>(st_ino is always 0). In cddb_read_cache I just
>#ifndef'd out the printf warning, which can be safely
>ignored, again, due to stat().
>
>I'm going to forward the patch to Rocky. Perhaps he
>can shed some light on it that i'm missing.
>Nonetheless, the cddb info for cddb seems to be
>working as intended, except for a few random "Unable
>to find '.'" errors. Please test cddb://'s.
>
>Again, new binary at
>http://vayne.fdns.net/mplayer/mplayer.exe
>
>I would really appreciate any help/advice anyone has
>to give.
>
>Regards,
>Erik

Hi Erik
I am trying your latest build in the moment. The output of the Track
numbers is ok with the mplayer parameters.
mplayer cdda://x -cdrom-device j: -cdda speed=3
(x is any track number on the audio-cd)

As I have some stuttering in audio-playback , I wanted to try caching
some audio data. It failed to improve for the
-cache 100
but even worse, the track output gets messed up, too:

mplayer cdda://5 -cdrom-device j: -cdda speed=3 -cache 100

Playing cdda://5.
Found Audio CD with 15 tracks
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)
Track 5

Track 4

Track 5
Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 1411.2 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 176400->176400)
Selected audio codec: [pcm] afm: pcm (Uncompressed PCM)
Building audio filter chain for 44100Hz/2ch/s16le -> 0Hz/0ch/??...
AO: [dsound] 44100Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Building audio filter chain for 44100Hz/2ch/s16le -> 44100Hz/2ch/s16le...
Video: no video
Starting playback...
A:  11.1 (11.1) of 0.0 (unknown) 35.9% 6%

How to get rid of stuttering? More cache? Faster CDRom speed?

And is it possible to slow down  the update rate of the playback
statistics, or make it at least run smoothly.
( playback statistics -> A:  11.1 (11.1) of 0.0 (unknown) 35.9% 6%)

On my System, (PIII Katmai, Intel BX440 Chipset) the update of the
playbac statistic sometimes flickers, stutters (pauses for some
milliseconds) and inbetween the small pauses runs like mad.

Thanks for your hard work to bring CDRom support to win32 port of mplayer.
Stefan