[MPlayer-cygwin] [TEST] working CD playback in windows - Track Number not reported probably NODEAMON

Erik Lunchpail erik_27can at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 03:56:01 CEST 2005

> > Looks like there is something messed up, problably
> > not in your code.
> > This behaviour is repeated on another Audio CD
> with
> > again 11 tracks.
> > This behaviour is repeated on the other
> cdrom-device
> > with another Audio
> > CD with again 11 tracks.
> > This behaviour is repeated on another Audio CD
> with
> > 15 tracks.
> >
> > So, when playing the first track, the Output
> contais
> > both "Track 1" and
> > "Track 3", which is missing
> > completely when the third track is played.
> >

> Yes I think the cd_info portions aren't working
> properly. I noticed the cd-info being printed in
> linux, but not in windows when using cddb with the
> same patch. I'll see what I can find and submit a
> new
> patch and upload a new binary.

I'm at a loss, it could very well be the windows
driver in libcdio, because even when a cd_info struct
is given to us (from cddb) I get the same message
errors on the commandline as you do. However, for me
at least, it's only the Track info being printed
that's messing up. I still get normal playback from
the tracks I select.

Here's another patch, which *hopefully* adds normality
to the cddb info display. A quick explanation of what
I did was to use get_path() instead of getenv("HOME")
since I don't have a HOME variable, and seems to be
the easiest solution to read/write cddb cache, as well
as for compatibility's sake. In cddb_write_cache() I
used WIN32_FIND_DATA to check whether the
cddb_data->cache_dir exists rather than stat(),
because stat() in mingw/windows is kinda screwy
(st_ino is always 0). In cddb_read_cache I just
#ifndef'd out the printf warning, which can be safely
ignored, again, due to stat().

I'm going to forward the patch to Rocky. Perhaps he
can shed some light on it that i'm missing.
Nonetheless, the cddb info for cddb seems to be
working as intended, except for a few random "Unable
to find '.'" errors. Please test cddb://'s.

Again, new binary at
http://vayne.fdns.net/mplayer/mplayer.exe

I would really appreciate any help/advice anyone has
to give.

Regards,
Erik