[MPlayer-cygwin] mplayer-windows startup and shutdown isn't veryclean.

GáborSzécsi deje at miki.hu
Fri Oct 21 10:05:18 CEST 2005

10/20/2005 -n, "Reinier Zwitserloot" <surial at gmail.com> irta:

>Anytime I fire up mplayer, especially in embedded mode (-wid), the
>screen flashes either stripes intermixed with the colorkey, or a scene
>about 10 seconds into the video. Anytime the video stops, the last
>half a second or so of audio replays while the final video frame
>'hangs' there for that amount of time, before mplayer actually exits.
>
>Is this a bug, some unfortunate DirectX after effect, and where should
>I be looking to eliminate this problem? It is just me? I may have
>botched something in my own home-rolled compile.
>
> -- Reinier Zwitserloot

The directx driver is a complete mess.
There is also a great bug with the -wid parameter: if you start a movie
with -wid, make it fullscreen then, and the player exits, the window
specified by the handle -wid will be completely messed up, and need to
be destroyed and a new one created.
I will try to clean up the whole code and fix the bugs in it, but I have
very little time for it by now. Maybe on the weekend.
Anyway I try to implement a new switch, which I call -fswid: I play to
use it for fullscreen mode because I want mplayer to be controlled
completely from my frontend, but currently fullscreen mode implements
mplayer's own window so it processes inputs. I don't want this.

If anyone has a decent directx.c please post it.

ps: the directsound driver needs a minor bugfix also: when the mplayer
process is killed extrenally, there is a noise - directsound plays the
empty buffer. It should be stopped I think. Sorry for not implementing
bugfix, but again I have very little time.

Deje

http://mpf.dzm.hu