[MPlayer-cygwin] [BUGREPORT] [NOVIRUS] MPlayer/MEncoder reproduciblecrash on particula

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sat Nov 26 15:44:13 CET 2005

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 22:59:56 -0500
John Brown <johnbrown105 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >anyways, its most probably your codec dll...
> Or maybe my video card driver? I don't have another card to try. It's late
> now, but tomorrow morning I will try using the standard Windows SVGA driver.

no, you said it crashed in mencoder too, mencoder is not using your video
card driver.

you could try another mplayer version. i tested a few other mingw builds,
nothing crashed...

check the related projects page of www4.mplayerhq.hu for other builds.
i reccomend the gui version at http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php
altho i'm 90% sure it wont fix your problem...

do you have any antivirus or other programs running in the background
that may scan or otherwise do odd things to memory/dlls?

you say it does not crash using -vo null? thats very very strange...
-vo directx:noaccel or -nodr or -nodouble help any?

-compn