[MPlayer-cygwin] How to import RealMediaSplitter.ax into codecs.conf

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 26 06:09:25 CET 2005

Hello All,

I am trying import the RealMedia Splitter DirectShow filter into my
codecs.conf. After reading codecs.conf.txt, I tried to create a new
entry based on the rv40win videocodec. See below my new videocodec
section called rmsvideo (RealMediaSplitter video). In comments are the
different GUIDs that I tried, and the error message reported by MPlayer
when each GUID was used.

RealMediaSplitter.ax is located in %windir%\system32, and is
successfully used by Windows Media Player to play RealMedia files

videocodec rmsvideo
  info "RealMediaSplitter Video"
  status working
  fourcc RV40,rv40
  ;format "???"
  driver dshow
  dll "RealMediaSplitter.ax"

; RealMedia Splitter
guid 0xE21BE468, 0x5C18, 0x43EB, 0xB0, 0xCC, 0xDB, 0x93, 0xA8, 0x47, 0xD7,
0x69
; ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec RealMediaSplitter.ax.
; Warning: DS_Filter() could not find output pin.
(DLL=RealMediaSplitter.ax, r=0x1)

; RealVideo Decoder
; guid 0x238D0F23, 0x5DC9, 0X45A6, 0x9B, 0XE2, 0x66, 0x61, 0x60, 0xC3, 0x24,
0X2dd
; ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec RealMediaSplitter.ax.
; Warning: DS_Filter() source format is not accepted.
(DLL=RealMediaSplitter.ax, r=0x1)
; Failed to create DirectShow filter

;/* maybe I need to specify a format. What value should I use? */

; RealMedia Source
;  guid 0x765035B3, 0X5944, 0X4A94, 0X80, 0X6B, 0X20, 0XEE, 0X34, 0X15,
0XF2, 0X6F
; ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec RealMediaSplitter.ax.
; Warning: DS_Filter() could not find input pin.  (DLL=RealMediaSplitter.ax,
r=0x1)
; Failed to create DirectShow filter

  out I420

You can download an archive called RealMediaSplitter.tar.bz2 at:
http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VZOEQVJAKCYV0F1LSTVAWV21A

This archive contains JPEG screenshots showing the GUID for all items with
RealMediaSplitter.ax as the FileName.