[MPlayer-cygwin] Mplayer compile errors

Chris Connolly ziggy at gotadsl.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 19:54:27 CET 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Joey Parrish [mailto:joey at nicewarrior.org]
Sent: 10 November 2005 22:18
To: ziggy at nildram.co.uk; Windows porting (Cygwin/MinGW)
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-cygwin] Mplayer compile errors

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 08:59:33PM -0000, Chris Connolly wrote:
> Many thanks for your help (thanks to Corey Hickey too) - you were both
> correct. I've now got past this hurdle but after running make have
> encountered the following error.  Any ideas on this one?

/usr/bin/lib/libxvidcore.a(plugin_2pass1.obj):plugin_2pass1.c:(.text+0x215):
> und
> efined reference to `__errno'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [mencoder.exe] Error 1
>
> I've seen this.  The issue is that MinGW and Cygwin have different
> implementations of errno.  If xvid is built against one and MPlayer
> against the other, then the two will fail to link.
>
> Xvid will detect cygwin and build against the mingw runtime.
>
> The cheap answer is simply to recompile xvid and remove the errno
> reference.  For example, change this:
>
> DPRINTF(XVID_DEBUG_RC, "Error closing stats file (%s)", strerror(errno));
>
> to this:
>
> DPRINTF(XVID_DEBUG_RC, "Error closing stats file");

Hi Joey,

Thanks for your assistance. How do I actually do the above? Like I said
before, this is all new to me.  I did a search on the Dprintf line you've
given above and see that this is in a file called plugin_2pass1.c, but am
not sure how to amend this file.

Also, I've noticed that when I initially configure mplayer, the checking
procedure reports x264...no.  Is there an error in my setup?  libx264.a is
in my cygwin\bin\lib folder and x264.h is in my cygwin\bin\include folder.

Thanks,
Chris