[MPlayer-cygwin] Mplayer win32 GUI questions

Erik Lunchpail erik_27can at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 23:39:07 CET 2005

> 2) How to give certain command line parameters to
> the gui'ed mplayer.exe
> in a direct way? Editing the config file works but
> isn't very direct.
> Even by editing the config file at the moment I
> can't tell the Mplayer
> which subtitle to use when I play an original DVD. I
> added the
> "alang=..." switch and it works, but no luck with
> "sid=2" for example.
> With MpUi it works fine.

It will still accept any commandline parameters you
pass to it on the commandline. However, if you hit the
"J" key you can cycle through the subtitle sid's, and
"V" enables/disables subtitles when playing your DVD.

> 3) Screensaver. There's a Mplayer switch to disable
> it for X11. Is there
> something similar in the Win32 version?
> This is a real showstopper at the moment because my
> PC must use a
> screensaver and it kicks Mplayer every time. Of
> course I could disable
> it manually when I start Mplayer and enable it again
> when I quit it, but...

Fixed with the vo_directx method, will be in the next
patch. Will send him my latest patch tonight, so check
his page for updated builds.

> 4) Is there a complete list of key names and usable
> actions so I can change
> the "MPlayer input control file" input.conf ?

Look at input.c, should give you a good idea of what
key does what/how to change them.

Regards,
Erik