[MPlayer-cygwin] [patch] Simple priority support for win32

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Mar 31 23:42:24 CEST 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 08:26:10PM +0200, Thomas Plank wrote:
> Diego Biurrun (diego at biurrun.de) wrote:
>
> >> According to msdn REALTIME_PRIORITY_CLASS may influence system
> >> processes, so that disks might not get synced etc.
>
> > I would still provide that class, just maybe mark it as dangerous in the man
> > page.  For people who know what they are doing it might still be useful.
>
> But these people know how to change priority with Windows-built-in
> possibilities like the taskmanager.

Good point, the question is whether this patch is useful at all in the
presence of generic and simple ways to adjust priority like task manager
and the start utility.

Sascha, I'm more and more tempted to reject this patch, but you have the
final say.  IMO if this gets applied it should be extended to cover
MEncoder.  In any case some decision should be taken, this is the third
time at least we are discussing this...

Diego