[MPlayer-cygwin] largefile support

Wen-King Su wen-king at myri.com
Mon Jan 10 22:54:42 CET 2005

I have been having problem streaming and playing aything greater than 2
gigabytes on windows machine -- a routine encounter when my video
source is a ReplayTV.  This is the last show-stopper I know that keeps
this from being a serious player for ReplayTV users.  I want to
rewrite the whole closed caption code -- there are two essentially
functionally duplicated contributed sections on closed captioning, and
both appears to be badly written and broken.  I was able to make use of
one of them to acceptible approximation, but it could be done better.

I also want to add codes that do automatic commercial skip, and hot-key
advance to end of next scene or commercial break [fade point].
However, I am reluctant to commit my effort if I have to live with the
2 gigabytes limit.  I spent the weekend I looking at the code and doing
trial compilation, and I came to the conclusion that the file size
limit is for me to solve.  Is anybody working on that?

								- Wen