[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: compile the libs on mingw

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Jan 7 19:55:56 CET 2005

Hi,
On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 10:02:10AM -0800, Wen-King Su wrote:
> I have gone through the whole thing except for libregif, which I still
> can't get.  I have noted some changes needed in the instructions below.
> I did produce an working binary.  Thanks.
>

> > cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer login
> > cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer co -P main
> >
> > When asked for a password, just hit enter. A directory named main will be created.
> >
> > Now checkout ffmpeg
> > cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg login
> > cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co -P main
>
>   cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co -P ffmpeg
>
> > and copy the libavcodec and libavformat dirs from it to the main dir
> > cp -R ffmpeg/libavcodec/ ffmpeg/libavformat/ main/

Actually I think this is too complicated. I would suggest instead (and
on the download page, too) to do:

cd main
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg  co -Pd
libavcodec ffmpeg/libavcodec

and the same for libavformat..

Actually according to the cvs docs it should be possible to do
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg  co -Pd
main/libavcodec ffmpeg/libavcodec

Without cd to main first, but that gives
cvs [checkout aborted]: could not change directory to requested checkout
directory `main': No such file or directory
for me ???

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger