[MPlayer-cygwin] questions about ao_dsound (+ patch #2)

Florian Dietrich flodt8 at yahoo.de
Thu Oct 14 17:15:42 CEST 2004

Hi!

 --- Sascha Sommer <saschasommer at freenet.de> wrote:
> I think it is a good idea to bring this up on mplayer-dev-eng. I
> also wonder if seeking may change the channel order.

Seeking never changed the order for me, and it never changed the
alignment either (which is important for my simple reordering code).

The patch for the channel reordering is attached. As you can see,
it's really quite simple and I'm sure there's some room for speed
improvements. It's fast enough for me though, and even with the
questions about other formats unanswered, this is better than sound
coming from the wrong directions :-)

The patch also moves the space check to play(), so if len is changed
by it, we still align it to the outburst. And I added one little
output message.

Again, everybody please test, especially with 5.1 sound & hardware.
Then apply if there's no problems with it.

Florian

PS: It would be nice if you would not have to choose the number of
channels manually (annoying) or in mplayers config (because then
mplayer ALWAYS expands to 6 channels and we can't use DirectSound's
capability to automatically duplicate left/right to the rear speakers
on stereo sound).

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 100MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de