[MPlayer-cygwin] mplayer and X11

Chris Taylor chris at equate.f9.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 02:06:05 CEST 2004

> I've been trying all afternoon to get the gui version of mplayer
> configured. This is what I get:
>
> Checking for X11 headers presence ... yes (using /usr/X11R6/include)
> Checking for X11 libs presence ... not found (check if the dev(el)
> packages are installed)
> Checking for X11 ... no
>
> but in /usr/X11R6/lib I have a bunch of files whose listing I have
> included as a text attachment. I thought that maybe I had to download
> the source code for X11 and so used setup.exe to do that
> (source code is
> in /usr/src) but I still get the above error. Any ideas?
>

> Rohan

Easy to fix.. :-)
I had the same problem initially.
It turns out it doesn't look there by default, you have to tell it to.
Append the option --with-x11libdir=/usr/X11R6/lib

Do you have the gtk+ packages installed? If not, use
http://cygnome.sourceforge.net/install as a cygwin setup source/mirror.

Chris (goes to change list subscription address)