[MPlayer-cygwin] mplayer and X11

Rohan Shah rshah3 at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Jun 21 00:57:02 CEST 2004

I've been trying all afternoon to get the gui version of mplayer
configured. This is what I get:

Checking for X11 headers presence ... yes (using /usr/X11R6/include)
Checking for X11 libs presence ... not found (check if the dev(el)
packages are installed)
Checking for X11 ... no

but in /usr/X11R6/lib I have a bunch of files whose listing I have
included as a text attachment. I thought that maybe I had to download
the source code for X11 and so used setup.exe to do that (source code is
in /usr/src) but I still get the above error. Any ideas?

Rohan