[MPlayer-cygwin] X shared memory extension

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Wed Jun 2 20:26:48 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 08:12:57PM +0200, Stefan Gürtler wrote:
> Hi there
> gmplayer is running under cygwin now, but still with lots of problemes, some
> already mentioned here, like e.g. two display windows when using
> gmplayer -vo directx.

I can promise you that vo_directx is not meant to be used with the GUI.
Look at the code that other vo's use to hook into the GUI, I'd bet that
vo_directx needs some extra code to behave properly under these
conditions.

> I have yet another problem setting up the gui compile. When running gmplayer
> after make install, i get this notice:
>
> [ws] sorry, your system is not supported X shared memory extension.

Perhaps the cygwin port of XFree doesn't support that extension.  It's
not uncommon for ports to be missing features, especially with
complicated projects like an X server.

--Joey

--
"The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe
in it. Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in