[MPlayer-cygwin] GUI again...

Chris Taylor chris at equate.f9.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 01:38:29 CEST 2004

> CT> Remember that the GUI is still in it's youth..
> hmm. I don't think so. The SAME gui works on linux for quite a long
> time ago...

Said GUI had severe flaws and limitations until more recent versions. Even
now, it's nowhere near as functional as the commandline.
It also doesn't have to deal with directx. It wouldn't surprise me if the
GUI doesn't have the provision for the dx option (though it should all be
done so that the valid options appear... ~shrugs~)

> CT> Try using gmplayer -vo:directx ? (I think that's the
> command, I haven't got
> CT> mplayer installed anywhere to check :-/ )
> CT> Must rectify that.. And write the cygwin build guide.
>
> My problem is that additional window (the directx window) appears
> BESIDES the video output window, which won't disappear. That should be
> fixed. And of course, include it in the video output selection dialog
> box.

This sounds more like a window handling issue.. Which mode are you starting
the cygwin x-server in? Which are you using, xfree or x.org ?

You have to admit that you've supplied almost no information as to what the
problem is. You've merely stated that you have a problem.. Generally it's a
good idea if you can give as much detail as possible, so others can try to
duplicate it.