[MPlayer-cygwin] Problem compiling new mplayer-versions

Erlend Slettevoll slettevo at stud.ntnu.no
Tue Oct 7 18:29:05 CEST 2003

/newbie alert/(have been googling all day long)/newbie alert/

Trying to compile latest mplayer in cygwin. I have earlier been able to
compile both version 0.92 and 1.0 pre1 in this cygwin-installation, but
since they both have been kind of buggy (stackdumps), I fetched the latest
CVS-version of mplayer. However, when I'm running make, I get a message
saying "gcc: unrecognized option '-rdynamic', then lots of lines similar
to 'libvo/libvo.a(vo_gl2.o)(.text+0x3bd):vo_gl2.c: undefined reference to
`_glGetString'', then finally "collect2: ld returned 1 exit status" and
"make: *** [mplayer] Error1"

more error-messages at
http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~slettevo/cygwinmakeoutput.txt

Anyone had the same problem, or knows what causing it? I have tried with
both GCC 3.2-3 and 3.3.1-2. This problem also exists when I'm compiling
version 1.0 pre2.

Somebody should have released a complete, binary release including
libmp3lame btw. Then I wouldn't have to go through all of this in the
first place ;)

--Erlend