[MPlayer-cygwin] undef ref to WinMain at 16 in cygwin

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Sep 12 12:09:34 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > > 3) Any other opinions we may have on how to do this 'port.'
> > imho do a clean 'null' port first, as we did for os/2 some time ago.
> > it was done at a saturday afternoon, i coded with the help of 2 os/2 gurus.
> > i'm pretty sure that 98% of the code is portable as-is, only some platform
> > specific parts should be rewritten, especially the files in the linux/
> > (should be called: osdep) dir.
> > then you should be able to compile it and play files with -ao null -vo null :)
>
> This is an excellent idea.  I'll start work on this soon.
> What I will probably do is identify the parts of code that do not
> compile natively on mingw and then make a new thread detailing what and
> where for all non-trivial porting issues.  Then I suggest all those
> interested in porting to windows divide up who will work on which parts
> of the code.  Is this a good idea?

yes.

> > the next step is writing ao and vo drivers, and other stuff like native
> > win32 dll interface (using win's native dll loader instead of teh avifile
> > hacks).
>
> Does anyone remember who was working on the directx vo?

i fwd'ed a mail from mpeg2dec list, about their directx driver
as our libvo comes from mpeg2dec (but forked 2 years ago) it shouldn't eb
hard to change/port it.

> > > 4) How to run ./configure && make && make install.
> >
> > forget. replace them by config.bat :) and write new makefiles for that arch.
> > see any projects, they have different scripts and makefiles for major archs
> > like os2 or win.
>
> It seems difficult to me to convert a bash shell script into a dos batch
> file, but it may be needed.  I'm not sure.  As for makefiles, it's been

you don't need to convert it.
most of the configure script detects unix specific things, you don't need it
at all on win.
for os2, we run the ./configure with many --disable-... on linux, copied the
generated config* files to the os2 system and changed by hand to get it
work. at the end, we had config.* for os/2 build. then you can look at it,
and find the lines which may change on various win32 builds, like win9x vs.
win nt differences etc.
ie you'll write a totaly different configure stuff from scratch, doing only
win specific checks and generate similar config.* files like the unix
specific configure script. imho the 95% of the config.* will be static,
constant. there is no such big differences between win95 and win xp like
between linux 2.0 and 2.4 ;)

> a while since I used plain mingw, but I think it provides GNU make.

i didn't mean different makefile _syntax_, BUT different content (extensions
are different, afair .lib and .obj on win, compiler name is different, path
is \ not / etc -> you'd better rewrite/convert the makefiles)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team