[MPlayer-cygwin] vo directx

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Wed Oct 23 19:28:01 CEST 2002

> Probably.  I guess you need DirectX 7.
Which officially isn't available for NT4.  I actually found the problem, I run a high res desktop (1280x1024) at 32bpp, which the card handles, but it turns off many 'extras,' like Overlay support, to get it to run that high.  Unfortunately my IS dept won't let me put one of my personal cards in it, or there would be no more problem. ;)

> Does SDL work for you?
Yes.  Although the directx subdevice doesn't.  After making the changes to config.mak I detailed in the docs I sent, SDL works fine with the windib subdev.  And it's actually decent speed on this 933mhz box.

Do you have any other ideas what may be keeping the SDL directx from working?  I have the headers installed in the proper location, and when compiling SDL I make sure to --enable-video-directx (which seems to be =yes anyhow, but...) and it still doesn't seem to work.  Does anyone else have better luck with this?

$mplayer -vo sdl:directx <file.avi>          (goes back to windib)
$mplayer -vo sdl:windx5 <file.avi>           (goes back to windib)

> Diego

/S. Smith