[MPlayer-advusers] MPlayer problem with second graphics card output using vdpau.

Stuart Foster smf.linux at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 18 18:00:53 EEST 2018

On 17/04/18 21:10, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On 13.04.2018, at 18:40, Stuart Foster <smf.linux at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> On 13/04/18 16:24, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>>> DRI_PRIME=1 mplayer -display :0.1 -vo vdpau
>>
>> Thanks Dominik, but your suggestion did not solve my problem.
>> However thinking around your suggestion I found that if I do:
>>
>> DISPLAY=:0.1 mplayer -vo vdpau /x264/Test.mkv
>>
>> Things work as expected !??
>
> It might be that the libvdpau stub (that redirects the function calls to the read driver/implementation) doesn't figure out the correct graphics card from the open X connection but relies on other things that are not set up correct if you do not set DISPLAY...
> You didn't mention whether the 2 cards are even of the same type/generation/manufacturer...

Hi,

I am happy with my work around, but for completeness the two graphics
cards are type AMD R600 and show up with lspci as:

01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
[AMD/ATI] RS780L [Radeon 3000]
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
[AMD/ATI] RV710 [Radeon HD 4350/4550]

Xorg sets the Radeon 3000 as :0.0 and the Radeon HD 4350/4550 as 0:1

Thanks