[MPlayer-advusers] MPlayer problem with second graphics card output using vdpau.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Apr 17 23:10:10 EEST 2018

On 13.04.2018, at 18:40, Stuart Foster <smf.linux at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On 13/04/18 16:24, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>> DRI_PRIME=1 mplayer -display :0.1 -vo vdpau
>
> Thanks Dominik, but your suggestion did not solve my problem.
> However thinking around your suggestion I found that if I do:
>
> DISPLAY=:0.1 mplayer -vo vdpau /x264/Test.mkv
>
> Things work as expected !??

It might be that the libvdpau stub (that redirects the function calls to the read driver/implementation) doesn't figure out the correct graphics card from the open X connection but relies on other things that are not set up correct if you do not set DISPLAY...
You didn't mention whether the 2 cards are even of the same type/generation/manufacturer...