[MPlayer-advusers] [Bug] seek in youtube video fix

Simon Walderich simon at walderich.de
Sat Feb 23 13:08:36 CET 2013

Hello!

There is a fix that enables seeking in youtube videos even if the youtube
http server states that it doesn't support seeking. The fix can be found
in stream/http.c at line ~735. Mplayer checks if the server name is "gvs
1.0" and then enables seeking. But this doesn't work for me. I think
because the youtube server changed its name.

But wouldn't it be better to make a command line option for this instead
of checking for a list of server names? (Something like
-ForceEnableSeeking) I think (but don't know) that would be a rather small
implementation and the good thing is, that it wouldn't need any further
adjustments if server names are changing.

Best regards
Simon