[MPlayer-advusers] Mplayer SEGV in module: ao2_init

Stuart Foster smf.linux at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 28 16:09:12 CEST 2011

With glibc 2.14 Mplayer is crashing in the ALSA set-up with a segv (see
attached) prior to the segv if run under valgrind a memory error is
reported in dl-close() (valgind report also in attachment). I can repeat
the problem both on my quad core phenom system and also on a old IBM
Thinkpad R51. Other applications linked against ALSA report the valgrind
problem but I am only experiencing crashes with Mplayer. Please advise.