[MPlayer-advusers] mencoder reads wrong frame rate flag from Quicktime files

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Jul 11 23:07:35 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 10:54:00PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 04:16:52PM -0400, compn wrote:
> > On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 17:13:56 +0100, Dominic Bird wrote:
> [...]
> > anyways, you can use the mplayer -demuxer lavf -identify -frames 1 to
> > get the correct fps, then script it to use that in your mencoder line.
> > it doesnt seem like a very efficient method, but at least it works.
>
> fixing demuxer lavf for the binary codecs would seem like a nicer long
> term solution
> what is the problem?, extradata format?

I don't know about this case specifically, but extradata could be converted.
With other codecs the issue is actually that the lavf mov demuxer just
doesn't make the data available at all (this was discussed on the FFmpeg
list some time ago, I think it that case it was mostly about palette data
being unavailable).