[MPlayer-advusers] ID_DEMUXER=nuv + ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=RJPG --> no picture ?!

Ravi Prakash r.prakash.1986 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 12:58:46 CEST 2007

hello

I need to know how to change permissions on ubuntu.
I am trying to access a file using the following command:
vi/etc/wvdial.conf

and the error it gives me says something that i do not have the permission
to alter this file.
pleasa advise

Ravi
On 5/28/07, Reimar Doeffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
> On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 11:47:22AM +0200, tormen at gmx.net wrote:
> > > There are some RTJpeg nuv files that play in MPlayer, too, e.g. the
> > > nirvana.nuv on our samples server.
> >
> > Hmm. I tried to compare the two files: (my sample.nuv with the
> > nirvana.nuv)
> >
> > jolie / # nuvinfo /LINKS/TEMP/nirvana.nuv
> > Stream type 'nuv' is not an mpeg, and will
> > not work with this program.
> >
> > Cleaning up temp files.
> > jolie / # mplayer -vo null -ao null -frames 0 -identify
> /LINKS/TEMP/nirvana.nuv
> > [...]
> > ID_DEMUXER=nuv
> > ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=NUV1
> >
> > So there is no "ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=RJPG" ?
> >
> > With which program was this nirvana.nuv file created?
>
> NUV1 is the MPlayer internal fourcc, bot use the same decoder.
> The nirvana.nuv uses the format that MythTV format is based on,
> called "NuppelVideo". No idea which program created it though.
>
> > > I don't think I will install MythTV with that huge amount of
> > > dependencies,
> > If I can help somehow? debug output, information, recordings?
>
> You could check how close the output of MPlayer with the patch is to the
> original.
>
> > Or maybe I can look through the source code, if you could maybe tell me
> > for what I would have to look (roughly)?
>
> I don't know exactly, and I can have a look myself, I just still have
> some travel preparations to do ;-)
>
> > > but I should meet some people from MythTV at LinuxTag, so
> > > I hope we can make some progress there.
> > :-)) sounds great :-))
>
> Maybe we really actually get some coding done this time ;-).
>
> Greetings,
> Reimar Doeffinger

Tigre