[MPlayer-advusers] Bug: subtitles are not displayed

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Tue Jun 5 01:28:57 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Tuesday 05 June 2007 00:37, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 23:28 +0400, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
> > In the current svn r23464 subtitles are not displayed, both
> > internal and external in spite of subtitle or movie format.
> > This concerns ordinary (without -ass) subtitle rendering. With
> > -ass
>
> I tried playing a .ogm file subs without -ass and saw no
> problems.

It seems I understand the reason. In r23356 new option -subfont was
introduced, but it is still NOT documented, so I was confused.
Backward compatibility is broken: if -subfont is unset, it should
be equal to -font, and it is not, and this is unwell and should be
fixed.

Perhaps you have ~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf installed, so current
behaviour works for you; but I prefer to specify choosen system
font directly, so problem occurs.

Thank you and Evgeniy for the help.