[MPlayer-advusers] mov from Apples Shoot Em Up trailer can't be shown

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat Jul 7 03:43:24 CEST 2007

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> There are no problems (for me) whith these files, only with the raw picture.

I see.

>> Alternatively, mplayerplug-in appears to handle the second playlist file
>> and plays the actual video automagically.
>
> But instead of showing the picture, mplayerplug-in shows the Start Button which
> means mplayer wasn't able to convert the mov into a jpeg.

With this file?
http://images.apple.com/movies/newline/shoot_em_up/shoot_em_up-tlr1_h640w.mov

That's the one I meant, and it worksforme with mplayerplug-in.

> Thanks for having a look, Carl Eugen
>
> PS: Your email looks rather damaged here:
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-advusers/2007-July/001685.html
> I had nearly sent a question "What do you know?"

Hah! That's funny. :)

Seriously, though, it would be nice to know why that happened. When I
got my own message back from the list, it looked fine....

-Corey