[MPlayer-advusers] DVB documentation unclear/outdated

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Mon Feb 12 21:23:12 CET 2007

On 12/02/07 00:29:34, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> lynx.abraxas at freenet.de wrote:
>
> >Why is -dumpstream and co in mplayer?
> >

> to save the original stream; this feature has countless benefits ;)

True.  So  mencoder dvb:// -ovc copy -oac copy does modify the input? Or would
that be the same as  -dumpstream?

> >>unsubstantiated science ficton
> >>

> >OK, that's what I feared...
> >

> (and btw, it was about using a hardware mpeg2 decoder (such as a dvb card)
> to decode mpeg4, the opposite of what you want)

Ah, well. That's a pitty. Probably the TU BS is researching on what I want but
if it is so high development it won't be free:(

> >No, even afterwards when the programme is already displayed and whatever
> >minutes later.
> >Do You have any idea how I could find out what's wrong there? I don't get
> >any errors. Nor does -v or strace give something suspicious.
> >

> run mplayer -v dvb:// >& log.txt and we'll see what's wrong

Did  it with mplayer -fs -v -vo cvidix dvb://ard &> mplayer.out to have cvidix
and to see when the second channel is visible. Again pressing the h changes it
but  then  the  q  for quitting appears in the tty and I have to close mplayer
with Ctrl-C. mplayer.out attached.

Regards,
Lynx