[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] r22088 change in configure breaks MPlayer compilation on osx/intel

Alex McHugh onerios at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 19:45:39 CET 2007

On 04/02/2007, at 8:06 PM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> Otherwise it dies at this point in the compile process.
>>
>> Mac OS X 10.4.8, Intel, XCode 2.4.1
>>
>> cc -I../osdep -I../libavutil -I. -I.. -Wdeclaration-after-statement -
>> O4 -march=pentium-m -mtune=pentium-m -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-
>> pointer -mdynamic-no-pic -falign-loops=16 -DSYS_DARWIN -
>> DCONFIG_DARWIN -shared-libgcc -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -
>> D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/usr/local/include   -c
>> -o osd.o osd.c
>> {standard input}:39:Junk character 47 (/).
>> {standard input}:39:Rest of line ignored. 1st junk character valued
>> 110 (n).
>> [...]
>> make[1]: *** [osd.o] Error 1
>> make: *** [libvo/libvo.a] Error 2
>
> This looks unrelated to the commit.  Which parameters do you pass to
> configure?  Try diffing config.h and config.mak before and after
> r22088
> to see what might be causing this.
>
> Diego

It looks to be only with the combination of --disable-x11 and --
enable-menu that causes the issue I described post r22088

Did as you said and diff'd before and after r22088, the only
differences in the config.h and config.mak are to do with MMX2 being
disabled in r22088.

I can confirm that your MMX2 correction in r22128 fixes this and --
disable-x11 and --enable-menu now compiles with r22128 and latest
svn, thanks.

Will make sure I do as you mentioned about quoting the committer and
log message next time I log a bug report against a specific revision,
thanks for not deleting this mail.

Alex