[MPlayer-advusers] new copy protection: can't even play the original dvd

tormen at gmx.net tormen at gmx.net
Sun Aug 12 01:56:52 CEST 2007

On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 06:14:53PM +0200, lynx.abraxas at freenet.de wrote:
> I  wonder if nobody else so far had a DVD with this copy protection. They seem
> not too popular but that I am the first mplayer user or  better  dvdcss/dvdnav
> to get stuck on them?

It is a proprietary copy protection --> most open source software is not
interested very much to keep pace with this development.

See DRM ... ;-)

As you seem more to be a user then a developer my tip is
to use proprietary software to disable them:
I believe "anydvd" will be able to disable the copy
protection (for your personal usage) and then you can
access the DVD like any normal (unprotected) dvd.

Don't know if anydvd might run with wine also under linux.

Hope this helps.

Greetings,

tormen.