[MPlayer-advusers] new copy protection: can't even play the original dvd

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Fri Aug 10 18:11:59 CEST 2007

On 05/08/07 19:13:32, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> Try mplayer dvdnav://4 (assuming you have dvdnav support compiled in).
>
> Does any other software player play it? Does any hardware player play it?

Tested  with  xine  now. No luck. It doesn't play anything of the DVD not even
the titels that mplayer can show. I don't have a hardware  player  but  I  was
told  most  of  them  don't have problems with it. It seems only closed source
software player can play these DVDs. They seem to have some way to correct the
broken  file structur or to ignore it. I don't understand though why there are
hardware players that can cope with them.

Regards,
Lynx