[MPlayer-advusers] new copy protection: can't even play the original dvd

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Mon Aug 6 10:03:46 CEST 2007

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de wrote:

>On 05/08/07 19:13:32, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>

>>On Sunday, 05 August 2007 at 00:18, lynx.abraxas at freenet.de wrote:
>>
>>Try mplayer dvdnav://4 (assuming you have dvdnav support compiled in).
>>
>>Does any other software player play it? Does any hardware player play it?
>>

>I  never  had  much  luck wich dvdnav://. The only way I can get it play a bit
>longer is with gmplayer -demuxer lavf -lavfdopts probesize=128  dvdnav:// till
>it complains of "Too many audio packets in the buffer". (I just have dvds with
>still image menues, is that solved yet?)
>Anyway for this dvd I get with or without -demuxer lavf:
>
>mplayer dvdnav://4
>MPlayer dev-SVN-r24015-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
>CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz (Family: 15, Model: 2, Stepping: 7)
>CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
>Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

you are confusing a lot of things. First thing to do is to verify that
dvdnav://N (be aware that titles may be remapped, so always try
dvdnav://1 first)
can actually read the title without problems (-dumpstream -dumpfile
title.mpg),
then verify that one demuxer works better than the other if you prefer
(but I can already tell you that in your case you won't notice any
difference)