[MPlayer-advusers] mencoder cannot handle VFR mkv file and mplayer AVI demuxer cannot handle the reencoded file

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Jun 26 07:56:57 CEST 2006

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:40:57 +0200
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org> wrote:

> If I tell mencoder to handle audio then it always fails with:

By "handle" I think you mean "copy" audio.  If I reencode the audio,
everything works perfectly, and a/v stays in sync (though it seems to
write a broken AVI header, which needs to be rebuilt).

The default (small) -mc value seems to be causing the crash.  With -mc 1
it doesn't crash, though you get 2-3 dupes for every frame, and the
output video isn't good.