[MPlayer-advusers] dvdnav - mpdvdkit2 - libdvdcss regression

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Dec 17 22:35:02 CET 2006

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:24:09 +0100
Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> >Wow.  I can't wait to see how many ways that can go horribly wrong.
> >

> why?

Off the top of my head:
Over/under aggressive detection causing either not installing, or
overwriting.
Various lib and include paths on different systems.
Perhaps multiple copies of includes/libs in different paths.
Dev/bin packages?  (not sure)
Conflicts between pkg-config and traditional detection.
Possible ldconfig issues.
Compiler version mismatches?
i32 vs i64 mismatch?

I have no doubt there are many more I can't even guess.

It's one thing to have a user install a lib, it's another to try and
automate the process yourself, especially bundled with a sperate
program.