[MPlayer-advusers] New Bugzilla entry #402 (problem with RealVideo content in a Matroska, for PPC)

Elvanör elvanor2004 at gamebox.net
Sun Oct 30 15:13:58 CET 2005

Hello,

I've already reported this bug about three monthes ago on the mailing
list. Somebody already sent me a patch at that time (I think it was
Moritz) but it did not solve the problem. I have downloaded Mplayer
CVS today and found it is still not fixed, so I have made a Bugzilla
entry for it in the hope it will be fixed some day.

I am writing below a short description of the bug like it is in
bugzilla.

This is a reproducible bug when playing Matroska files with a video
track encoded in Real Video 9/10
format on a PowerPC. Mplayer crashes as soon as it starts playing the
track. When I extract the video
track from the .mkv, mplayer plays the .rm fine. This probably shows
that it is the demuxer system of
mplayer, when demuxing from the .mkv, that is at fault and not the
Realvideo codec.

The problem does not seem to happen on a x86 so I really suspect an
endianness problem here. I think
somebody knowledgeable, with access to a PPC machine, could fix this
bug with minimal effort since it
is reproducible.

Thanks

Jean-Noël