[MPlayer-advusers] mp3 decoding problem

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Oct 26 20:51:14 CEST 2005

The Wanderer wrote:

> compn wrote:
>
>> decoding this file causes audio glitches in mplayer
>> -demuxer 35, -ac ffmp3, -dumpaudio, nothing helps
>> user reports it playing fine in xine.
>>
>> http://home.twmi.rr.com/compn/mp3audioproblem.mp4
>> 2.1mb
>
> I have the what is almost certainly the same file (~233MB in total),
> and have experienced a number of different problems with it

I'll note that there are now two of these files that I know of, from the
same source, both exhibiting very similar problems (although, from my
limited examination, the second less so than the first). For the time
being, there are also working XviD/AVI versions being released in
parallel to the problematic x264/MP4 versions, but that will not be the
case for much longer.

I'll note that unless I'm much mistaken, the people creating these files
have claimed to be doing so using either MEncoder or FFmpeg; if that is
true, then the cause of the problems may well be there (on the
encoding/muxing end) rather than in MPlayer (on the playback end).

I very much want this problem fixed, whatever its cause may be; I'd be
more than willing to do the work myself, if I had any idea of what *to*
do. Even though I don't, I'd be glad to provide whatever assistance I
can at any point.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.