[MPlayer-advusers] mp3 decoding problem

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Nov 9 02:50:35 CET 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 12:34:12PM -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>>> The MOV demuxer is a hairy beast that nobody really wants to
>>> touch. You could try your luck in #mplayerdev and see if you can
>>> get people there interested in your problem.
>>
>> I suppose this may be what finally motivates me to figure out which
>>  server that's on and go there for a while...
>
> freenode

Noted.

>> Even an acknowledgement that I'd posted in the first place would
>> have helped somewhat. I don't mind so much "no one can help" or
>> even "people might be able to help, but no one is willing to put in
>> the effort"; what I *do* mind is having something which I consider
>> important be entirely ignored.
>
> It would maybe help if you put the bug in Bugzilla, it's a better
> means for archiving bugs than this mailing list.

I keep forgetting we even have a Bugzilla. I'm there now, trying to
figure out once again what actually *is* important information. (I have
in the past written literally pages on this, not all of which got sent
and most of which was probably entirely irrelevant to the specific
problem at hand. Some of it may perhaps be relevant to an unrelated bug
or three in FFmpeg, but that's another issue.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.