[MPlayer-advusers] Long-standing encoding bug: ff_rate_estimate_qscale: Assertion `pict_type == rce->new_pict_type' failed

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Tue May 17 14:48:45 CEST 2005

Hi again!

On Monday 16 May 2005 00:02, Hans Meine wrote:
> Argh.  I was about to tell you that I successfully encoded several videos
> with your patch in the meantime, but I just realized that they don't play
> back on an mplayer-1.0pre6-3.3.5 on another computer. :-(

Sorry, that was stupid (too much red wine maybe..); it was just the fourcc
which unexpectedly changed to FMP4 in current CVS.  Changing it back to DIVX
resulted in nice videos. ;-)

I encoded several files (.vob from DVDs and MPEG2 from my PVR250 analog
encoding card) in the meantime with the mpegvideo.c change from 20041015
reversed (cf. RC's patch), and all of them seem to be flawless results so
far.

In other words, the patch could IMHO be applied to CVS, if it wasn't already
(can't check, being at work).

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS