[MPlayer-advusers] Long-standing encoding bug: ff_rate_estimate_qscale: Assertion `pict_type == rce->new_pict_type' failed

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Mon May 16 00:02:05 CEST 2005

Hi again!

On Thursday 12 May 2005 01:39, RC wrote:
> > It applies and compiles, and I've successfully tested it on one
> > video.
>
> *Sigh*  I have to take that back.  The video that was consistently
> crashing on me when using b-frames, is now mysteriously working with any
> version of mencoder I use.  This patch might not have anything to do
> with it.  It may take a while for me to find another test-case.

Argh.  I was about to tell you that I successfully encoded several videos with
your patch in the meantime, but I just realized that they don't play back on
an mplayer-1.0pre6-3.3.5 on another computer. :-(

The screen stays black, so the resulting video must have unwanted properties.
I compared the output of mplayer -v -v on some output files, but the only
changes are changed offsets / hex values, no recognizable message saying
where the files differ. Will have a closer look later, but anyhow - the real
fix (tm) is still missing. :-(

Greetings,
   Hans