[MPlayer-advusers] FAAD problem on AMD64: no sound

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Mar 25 15:13:41 CET 2005

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 01:27:08PM +0100, Daniel Hottinger wrote:

> There seems to be a problem with the internal libfaad on amd64.
> The sample file has two audio streams: AAC and Ogg/Vorbis. The
> playback of the 6-channel AAC stream [faad] is completely silent
> (but the volume is normal at 50%) while the playback of the
> 2-channel Ogg/Vorbis stream [libvorbis] works. Surround ist not
> the problem since wav-files with 6 channels work. Also, on my
> laptop (Pentium III, x86) faad works nicely with the same file
> and the /same/ relevant output:

Hmm, the first thing we need to find out is whether older versions of
libfaad that were included in MPlayer before have this problem or not
and whether this occurs with external libfaad.  Please try 1.0pre5,
which contains libfaad 2.0 and 1.0pre4, which comes with a pre-2.0 CVS
snapshot and report back.  Also please try compiling your own libfaad as
described in

http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html#aac

or install the Debian package of FAAD (Marillat packages it, just ask
apt-get.org, or go directly to http://hpisi.nerim.net/) and configure
MPlayer with --enable-external-faad.

Diego