[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Dec 28 03:39:19 CET 2005

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 19:53:56 -0800
Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml at fatooh.org> wrote:

> I've found an Apple h.264/AAC trailer that doesn't have any sound. I
> don't know if the problem lies with mplayer or with faad, but I figure
> somebody here will be able to tell for sure.

Looks like MPlayer is to blame.  That audio stream is 7.1 channels,
which mplayer apparently can't handle.

With -dumpaudio, I can output an AAC file that faad is happy to decode
to a wav.  I haven't yet been able to play anything back, as none of the
programs I use will even downmix 8 channel wav files.