[MPlayer-advusers] [BUG] FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Dec 27 19:30:37 CET 2005

Ivan Kalvatchev wrote:
>>I just realized that the message in the subject happens with other Apple
>>trailers that play fine, so it might not be relevant. Nevertheless,
>>mplayer ends up giving up on sound with this file.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Corey
>

> Try to get latest faad from faad cvs and install it as external library. The problem is that it
> implements some more features that are already used.

Thanks for the tip. It doesn't seem to make any difference, though. I
built faad2 cvs, installed it, and built mplayer with
--disable-internal-faad. I know mplayer is using the external faad now:

bugfood at bugfood:~$ ldd /usr/local/src/mplayer/main/mplayer | grep faad
        libfaad.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libfaad.so.0 (0x00002aaaab031000)

I had a difficult time finding faad2 cvs. Am I getting it from the right
place?

cvs -z9 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.audiocoding.com:/cvsroot/faac co -P faad2

> The reason it is not synced with mplayer cvs version is that Nero people had putted "explanation"
> to the GPL clause that according to FSF is not GPL compatable. The problem is very simmilar to
> XFree86 license hassle.

Yuck. :(

Thanks again,
Corey