[MPlayer-advusers] another java movie format

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Apr 18 07:40:20 CEST 2005

compn wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:45:17 -0400 The Wanderer
> <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:

>> If you'd like to try to pick up where I left off, rather than
>> waiting for me to give it another to, the URL of the FAQ page is
>> http://v3.ubicast.com/modules/xoopsfaq/ and most of the heavy
>> lifting of translating can be done by WWWJDIC at
>> http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jwb/wwwjdic?9T
>
> why dont you use babelfish? too inaccurate?
> http://babelfish.altavista.com
 >
> from babelfish translation:
> Is the format of animated picture what?
> MPEG-4 Simple Visual Profile is adopted.

<blink>

<blink>

The simple answer is that the last three times I looked, Babelfish
didn't have the option to translate Japanese. I use it routinely for
translation from other languages, but Japanese hasn't been on the list.

The slightly less supportable answer is that automated translations
above the word level are virtually never good enough, and since unlike
most other languages I actually *know* some Japanese I have the
wherewithal to do the filling in and joining together (at least for
comprehension if not for actual translation) myself. Taking the
automated route when I have the ability to do the work myself *and*
learn something in the process just seems like the lazy way out. ^_^

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.