[MPlayer-advusers] another java movie format

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sun Apr 17 21:42:09 CEST 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:45:17 -0400
The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:

> Roberto Togni wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 04:17:20 -0400 compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> >> orig url: http://www.actonbb.com/contents/health/0501shape1_health/
>
> > Those videos are streamed using applet from ubicast
> > (www.ubicast.com). video unknown, audio could be vorbis (at least
> > looking at some strings in the .w1 video), container unknown. If
> > someone speaking japanese can have a look at their homepage maybe
> > they tell something about the codec used.
>
> Looking at the Ubicast site, I'm led quickly to the download page for
> the titular product (currently version 3.8). The feature list talks
> about "player install unnecessary" and "playback possible on Macintosh,
> Windows, Linux" and "DRM built in" and "video portal" and "content
> management" and so forth, but makes no mention of technical details; the
> FAQ page linked in the sidebar may be a little more promising, but looks
> like a headache even just at a glance, and I don't think I'll get to it
> right now.
>
> If you'd like to try to pick up where I left off, rather than waiting
> for me to give it another to, the URL of the FAQ page is
> http://v3.ubicast.com/modules/xoopsfaq/ and most of the heavy lifting of
> translating can be done by WWWJDIC at
> http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jwb/wwwjdic?9T

why dont you use babelfish? too inaccurate? http://babelfish.altavista.com
from babelfish translation:
Is the format of animated picture what?
MPEG-4 Simple Visual Profile is adopted.

Downloading the file in PC, it can play back locally?
Ubicast3 has been designed streaming playback to main, but also local playback
is possible. Actually copying in CD-ROM, the customer who is distributed it is
and others the ??plain gauze is.

However, when copyright protective function in case of the animated picture which
encodes effectively encoding, it is necessary also for the key for the code which
is used to distribute simultaneously.

At the time of local playback is installation job such as application necessary?
Calling obtaining. As for animated picture being to play back with the applet
inside the browser installation job does not occur even with in case of local playback.