[Fwd: Re: [Mplayer-advusers] Problme running mplayer over directfb on i845GL]

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Sep 8 14:09:06 CEST 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 10:35:53AM +0530, scorproy at HotPOP.com wrote:
> Though the document might be a bit
> overwhleming for a normal user, it might help if a user really wants to
> dig into the details.

This is a big problem. MPlayer is so complex that you cannot discribe
its functionality in a few words. Just playing a file might need an hour
or two digging in the docs to get it right. I thought a few times on how
this could be improved but i couldnt come up with any solution but to
force users getting some clue on what they are doing. But we all know
that Joe Avarage is too lazy to even read more than a few lines of text.

If anyone has a better suggestion, please let us know.

			Attila Kinali