[Mplayer-advusers] mov jpeg video codec...

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Sep 7 12:24:53 CEST 2004

On Tuesday, 07 September 2004 at 11:58, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> compn writes:
> > >
> > > Hmm, I don't have the necessary DLL and it is apparently not included
> > > in any codec package.  Could you please upload it so Roberto can add
> > > it to the codec packages?
> >
> > whas? ijpg is part of mplayer (if built with libjpeg), check
> > /etc/codecs.conf
>
> OK, works now, although I just get a garbled image for a second, then
> it's gone.

Since we're on the jpeg subject, I'll be reporting a bug soon. I have an
internet camera at my workplace and it generates jpeg images. If I take
these images and make a movie of them (-mf type=jpg -ovc copy), every
second frame is black (except for a few stray pixels at the top). But if
I convert these images with ImageMagick's convert (just convert file.jpg
anotherfile.jpeg to rewrite headers) then it comes out OK. Could this be
a bug in mencoder (latest CVS) or in libjpeg (release 6b of 27-Mar-1998)?

In other news, I have access to an Opteron (64bit) box to try and build
MPlayer. My boss told me there are problems compiling assembler code so
there's some bugfixing to do. I'll keep you posted.

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/