[Mplayer-advusers] Problme running mplayer over directfb on i845GL

scorproy at HotPOP.com scorproy at HotPOP.com
Mon Sep 6 07:05:05 CEST 2004

Attila Kinali wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 09:48:59AM +0530, scorproy at HotPOP.com wrote:
>

>>I thank you for your suggestions. However, I would like to let you know
>>that I have found the solution to the problem.
>>

>Good to hear.
>

>>And I have one suggestion for you: next time if a user ask for a
>>soultion please try to concetrate on the problem and not on how he
>>reports it and what are the ways he should be unsubscribed.
>>

>Then you should use -users instead. It's clearly stated in
>the docs and by its name, that -advusers is for advanced users who
>know what they are doing and are able to give a usefull bugreport.
>It is definitly not a users support mailinglist.
>
>I especialy want to keep -advusers clean of stupid users stuff
>to keep it low traffic and the developers reading it. Otherwise
>there would be no proper way to notify developers of bugs.
>

>		Attila Kinali

Hello Attila,
I understand your problem. Next time it wont be repeated. I guess stupid
users like me should always report to -users list. I will keep that in mind.
But the problem lies in the inadequate documentation of mplayer. That's
what makes the users of mplayers look stupid I guess. Yes of course the
software is free, and very very versatile, no doudt about it. But maybe
users like me shouldn't repeat the stupidity of using it, as I might not
be knowing what I am trying to achieve.
Thansk & regards,
scorproy