[Mplayer-advusers] pre-bugreport

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Mar 15 19:13:50 CET 2004

Hi

On Monday 15 March 2004 18:55, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > if you cannot reproduce, i'll investigate further...
> >
> > its known problem, the last line is converted with the c converter while
> > the rest is done in mmx, alex changed the rgb<->bgr behavior of the c
> > code sometime ago, and after some complaints by me, alex summarized how
> > rgb and bgr should be defined, and IMHO the definition is good its just
> > not what most of the code in mplayer currently uses, so IIRC the mmx code
> > matches your definition of rgb/bgr while the c code matches alexs :)
>
> "cool".
> any chance to fix it anyway?
patch attached, i wont commit, as i dont want to be flamed :)

> btw the rgb vs bgr thing is imho well defined in docs/tech/colorspaces.txt.
IMHO its not, the reason why i think so is that if a developer doesnt know
open gl then he depends upon -vo gl which only supports RGB24 & RGB32

> and anyway, if mmx code behaves way one, the fallback c code should do
> it teh same way, even if alex is mad as usual.
yes, fully agree, we should either change all code or leave it

[...]
--
Michael
level[i]= get_vlc(); i+=get_vlc();		(violates patent EP0266049)