[Mplayer-advusers] Please confirm bug

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Aug 6 21:12:18 CEST 2003

Hans Meine wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 August 2003 12:47, Pedro Baez wrote:
>
>>Any idea?
>

> I reported the same problem(*) some time ago; the problem is that mencoder
> gets confused by the VOB's end. I worked around it by looking at the last
> output (frame #) and giving "-frames <number of good frames>" where number of
> good frames could be really anything up to <frame # where it crashes>-1.
>
> It would be nice if mencoder did not corrupt the pass1 logfile though. :-(
>
> Cf. http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-July/034941.html
>
> (uploaded movie_end.{vob,txt})

I also encountered this a few days ago, but in the course of trying to
simplify the test case I ran into the crashing bug:

http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-August/035825.html

I was going to report the divx2pass.log corruption after that bug was
resolved, but so far nobody's responded on mplayer-users (Michael
Niedermayer told me on ffmpeg-devel that it looked like an mplayer bug,
and not a problem with libavcodec.

Hans, I must have overlooked your original report on the matter. I'm
glad I don't have to go through the trouble of reporting the corruption
as well. :) I tried several of my DVDs, and found that most (though not
all) caused corruption or a crash, and always _right_ at the end.

In any case, I noticed that both of these problems can be alleviated by
specifying -vc ffmpeg12. I don't like that workaround, though, because
it means I can't try out the new -vf softpulldown filter. :(

-Corey