[Mplayer-advusers] some cinepak and video driver bugs

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sat Mar 23 21:58:06 CET 2002

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Arpi wrote:

> > as a good reference since, well, we know how it works.
>
> nope
> we don't know 100% sure which bytes are U and V values in the file...
> or do you have official file format specification for cvid, declaring which
> is u and which is v plane? anyway it comes from Mac world, which uses
> different byteorder...

	We can build a pretty good case based on empirical observation of
which plane is U and which plane is V. I don't believe Cinepak "came" from
the Mac world; it has always been available for many platforms. What are
you spouting about byte order? Cinepak data is mostly bytewise. It packs 6
bytes together as a vector of 4 pixels, 1 for each Y value, 1 for the U
value and 1 for the V value.

	I always get confused on the meanings, though. I'm assuming U=Cb
and V=Cr. Are we on the same page there?

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson