[Mplayer-advusers] some cinepak and video driver bugs

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Mar 23 22:00:28 CET 2002

Hi,

> > it reminds me to the rgb vs bgr problem i had a year ago...
> > we should select a reference codec, fix libvo for it and then fix other
> > codec to match this u/v order. but which codec is ok to be reference?
> >
> > or i should use teh old xmga/xv for reference?
>
> 	I don't think I'm the best person to ask (not quite sure about the
> question). xmga/xv are video drivers, not codecs, so I don't see how you
> would use them as codec references. Our native Cinepak decoder strikes me
i didn't mean they are codec... but they could be good references, as they
worked well before libmpcodecs stuff.

> as a good reference since, well, we know how it works.

nope
we don't know 100% sure which bytes are U and V values in the file...
or do you have official file format specification for cvid, declaring which
is u and which is v plane? anyway it comes from Mac world, which uses
different byteorder...

but mpeg 1/2 or mjpeg could be a good selection
they are well documented.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team